Technical Support Engineer
Reputable and longstanding Professional Services Institution
Digital and IT Investment and Transformation
Package: £30,000 – £35,000 + benefits
Office: West Midlands – currently remote; once the office reopens – you will need to go into the office as needed (once a week)
- Are you currently in an IT related problem solving role?
- Do you have experience with SQL & Oracle?
- Do you want to join a growing Financial Services Institution?
We are working with a longstanding Professional Services Institutions who have been providing financial solutions for individual customers for over 100 years. Culturally this business prides itself on their values of thinking differently to provide excellent customer service. They love helping people at the end of the day. Recent Digital and Technical growth has enabled the business to expand across the UK and modernise their ways of working. In the middle of a large transformation project, their next hire is crucial to the Technical team.
Due to growth, they are looking for a Technical Support Engineer to work in our IT department, to perform business analysis, system maintenance and programming duties in the development, implementation and support of information systems and applications used by the Society.
Technical Support Engineer – Job Accountabilities
- Carry out analysis in support of Society initiatives, system changes or identified problems
- Plan, estimate and implement technology changes through use of SQL and other languages, system configuration, and technology updates to supported systems
- Complete system maintenance and health-checks
- Provide support and troubleshooting for colleagues and customers
- Complete regular administrative tasks (including end of day, end of month, regular report production, annual tasks)
- Carry out configuration to support Society products and services
- Create reports and reporting data sets
Technical Support Engineer – Experience Needed
- IT experience in technical problem-solving roles
- Sopra Banking Software experience would be beneficial
- Able to analyse problems or opportunities, design and implement solutions with full documentation
- Proficient in writing SQL queries
- Do you have experience using Oracle?
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral with a professional and comfortable approach dealing with all colleagues
- Able to provide excellent customer service and to embrace the principles of Treating Customers Fairly and GREAT
- Able to prioritise own workload and manage time in order to produce accurate and thorough work whilst working to deadlines
- Excellent time keeping and attendance
/ Financial Services / Financial Services / Technical Support Engineer / Business Analyst