System Software Engineer (WMS/Projects)
Market Leading WMS Vendor
Pivotal role in the business/Exciting projects
Package: £40,000 – £50,000 + Car Allowance & Benefits
We are working with a market-leading WMS vendor who provides Warehouse Management/Automation Systems to several different sectors on a global scale.
As Systems Software Engineer you will be involved in designing software solutions across a variety of WMS, Automation and Supply Chain Management platforms. Reporting to the Head of IT, the Engineer will contribute to all aspects of project engineering within the team and will take the lead in creating designer documentation for systems.
System Software Engineer (WMS/Projects) – Responsibilities
- Manage drafted system solutions from Software consulting department.
- Discuss each drafted logistical / customer requirement at external and internal workshops
- Communicate and share information with multiple stakeholders (customer, MHE departments, software development, software Start-up)
- Creation of Process specification based on Business Process Modelling Notation
- Focus on workflows from the products suite
- Focus on logistical requirements (BPMN model from software Consulting)
- Business processes based on logistical requirements and aligned with system design and control concepts.
- Control concepts based on standard capabilities
- Creation of Interface specification
- Creation of internal documents for departments engaged in project realisation
- Creation of test cases
- Creation of ZDRs (development requests)
- Management of alignment meetings (MHE) Update of specification documents during project realisation phase
- Alignment of system design and software processes
- Responsibility to advise a case of deviation to sold scope
- Coordination of software partners in relation to software scope
System Software Engineer (WMS/Projects) – Required Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, related field, or equivalent experience
- Excellent understanding of workflows of the logistic solution based on given design
- Excellent understanding of system integration
- Ability to manage and realise meetings (internal, external)
- Technical base knowledge (Information technology, logistics)
- Computer knowledge (MS Office)
- Language – English. (Additional languages would be beneficial however not essential)