Senior Business/Product Analyst
Accountancy Software Vendor / Accounts Production
A pivotal role within the company
Location: UK Remote
Package: £65,000 – £75,000 + Benefits
As Senior Business/Product Analyst you will work in a close-knit team collaborating with other team members such as the product director, developers and QA’s to bring to life the product vision and strategy, through user stories and specifications. They will assist with managing the product backlog and play an active role in agile events and are critical to the progress of each project.
Key Skills Required
- Innovative and forward-thinking
- Team working and collaboration
- Strong Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organisation and self-management skills
- Stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Customer focused / commercially minded
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Personal responsibility and performance-driven
- Excellent presentation skills
- Work collaboratively with the Product Manager and other internal and external stakeholders to elicit requirements and develop solutions, technical and functional specifications and interface designs.
- Take on Product Owner responsibilities to produce well-defined user stories and monitor the product backlog
- Take an active part in and assist the Product Director to facilitate all agile events and collaborate with other tribe members on a daily basis
- Facilitate and conduct product research into market requirements to determine the need for key improvements and enhancements, reflecting user demand
- Facilitate and conduct legislative research to determine the need for change to make sure products remain compliant
- Work closely with the Product Manager to identify and analyze how the product strategy and project goals can be applied to our software
- Assist the Product Manager to monitor the progress of development and bring attention to any unforeseen changes to delivery or scope
- Work effectively with other tribe members (and teams) through iterative sprints to ensure that development meets the requirements of technical and functional specifications
- Be an expert with the software functions, calculations and processes Preliminary testing of new features/product enhancements and the support of test case development through the testing cycle.
- Update and maintain support materials and documentation as required for users and the business.
- Assist the Customer Support Team, on an ad-hoc basis, with their delivery of best-in-class service
- At least 5 years’ experience working as a product or business analyst.
- Using a variety of tools and elicitation techniques to gather requirements from customers or stakeholders
- A strong background within Accounts Production or Accounts Production Software Applications
- A good knowledge of working with agile/scrum methodologies
- Working within a software or IT related industry
- Experience with SAAS applications
- Experience working with API’s
- Estimating and managing product backlogs
- Facilitating agile events
- Managing stakeholder relationships (internal and external)
- Have an understanding of UK accounting/bookkeeping functions
- At least 3 years’ experience working within an accountancy practice.
- Knowledge of accountancy software and the software development lifecycle