The Business Development Manager (Online Payments) is responsible for selling our Online Payment Software Solution and reports to the Head of Sales. It will be the Business Development Manager’s role to ensure that all agreed sales targets are met, or exceeded, in their allocated region.
The Business Development Manager is responsible for fostering and developing strong relationships with prospect customers with the key aim of maximising New Name Business Sales. The Business Development Manager will be focused on providing a consultative sales approach and developing a pipeline of new business opportunities from both provided and sourced leads. The Business Development Manager will liaise with internal teams (including Marketing, Support, Sales and R&D) to improve the sales and onboarding process.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of the Company’s product portfolio and awareness of competitor products and services
- Meet / exceed sales targets focused on new business opportunities within designated regions from both provided and sourced leads
- Maintaining an awareness of industry trends and updating team and management accordingly
- Adhere to the company sales guidelines and standard operating procedures (SOPs). This includes maintaining and developing the Company’s CRM database in accordance with company standards and developing accurate, high quality and professional sales documentation and correspondence templates
- Assist with devising and implementing lead generation activities, while liaising with wider team and marketing as and when required
- Preparing and presenting quotations/proposals to sales opportunities
- Experience selling Online Payment software solutions within Public Sector & Education
- Hold a degree or relevant qualification is desirable
- Proven record in selling business application software
- Relevant professional sales training and experience
- A good degree of computer literacy and technical competency.
Your personal characteristics will include:
- High degree of self-motivation
- Energy and enthusiasm
- Honesty and integrity
- Strong customer service mindset
- Goal orientation