Business Development Manager
Leading Provider of Professional Services
Basic: £35,000 – £50,000 / OTE £80,000 – £120,000 (uncapped)
WHY: High growth, highly ambitious organisation
Top Performer Achieved over £200k last year
- Do you have proven experience as a Business Development Manager / Account Manager?
- Do you have 5+ years experience senior sales?
- Are you a proactive hunter comfortable selling in to the SMB market?
- Do you have experience selling in to Directors, MD’s, HR decision makers?
We are currently working with a leading provider of Professional Services into UK companies. With a core portfolio covering 4 – 5 different offerings they support over 40,000 UK companies through direct and indirect relationships. Their services including compliance, HR, legal and risk management and recently have gone through a number of acquisitions that will be further integrated into the main business. Demand for their proposition has grown significantly through the COVID19 pandemic and this is only expected to continue.
In this role you will generate new business and manage existing relationships. You will be in charge of targeting mid market customers with headcount of between 1 – 150 employees with an addressable market of around 100,000+ in the UK. You will generate new clients and grow “high growth potential” clients through a consultative, B2B sales process. Working to average order values of between £5k – £10k per annum.
The company are looking for somebody with proven new business and account management experience bringing energy, commercial awareness and relationship development skills alongside an Ideally you will be used to selling or providing any combination of professional services, SaaS technology and/or training service. You will also have the support of a talented and well-resourced Marketing and Lead Generation team, able to shape campaigns and collaterals to penetrate target markets and clients.
Key Tasks: Business Development Manager
- Conversion of new business and renewal contracts from new logo and existing clients
- Ensure an initial service engagement is successful, so that further “land and expand” growth strategies can be deployed
- Strong ability to articulate new concepts and technologies in a manner that is understandable
- Collaborative development of key account-level and sector-level marketing campaigns
- Ownership of initial prospect / client engagement (typically MS Teams/Zoom, phone or mail)
- Qualification of sales opportunity through initial contact, adopting a criteria-based approach and identifying needs and key business drivers
- Ability to identify risks and objections early and build mitigation of these into the sale
- Preparation of presentation and/or tender response documentation
- Successful able to negotiate contracts
- Maintain and update the CRM as and when required
Skills required: Business Development Manager
- Ideally degree educated with 8+ years of experience in consultative B2B sales
- Successful track record in selling and growing professional services, SaaS technology and/or training services to C-suite in mid-market and/or corporate market
- Broad commercial awareness and experience
- Ability to lead development of sector / client specific campaigns
- A demonstrable background of opening new opportunities through a number of channels
- Proven use of sales methodology and sales process, including CRM (ideally Salesforce)
- Apart from professional sales skill, you will need to demonstrate a passion and enthusiasm for success, excellent communication skills, strong commercial awareness, time management and organisational skills.
Business Development, Account Manager, New Business, SaaS, Software Sales, Professional Services, Field Sales, Sales Executive, Consultant, Account Executive