Business Development Director UK
Package: £110,000 – £150,000 basic / £160,000 – £200,000 OTE + Stock
Who: Global SaaS Vendor – 10,000+ employees
Why: Chance to create the implement the sales strategy not just lead the UK Sales Teams
Awards: Top 100 company globally to work for
- Do you have experience leading sales managers within a technology sales environment?
- Have you created, designed, and implemented sales strategy from the ground up?
- Are you use to working in fast paced business with a lot of change and innovation?
Our client is a global SaaS vendor with a world class reputation, over 10,000 employees and a reputation as being one of the best companies to work for. Their Financial Technology solutions are used the world over, have won numerous awards and over the last decade have become a household name. The average employee stays with the business over 4.5 years and this strategic position is an essential role for the company with a dedicated succession plan in place for years to come.
They are looking for a talented Business Development Leader to take on this integral role. You will manage a group of Sales Managers who in turn manage a team of c.15 Field Based Business Development agents with the objective of building deep relationships and drive unit and revenue growth through their customer base.
The sales teams are divided into a mixture of new business and account management with a split of around 30% / 70% and a key driver for these teams is increasing account value and the number of products sold within each customer. You will be responsible for building a high performing team that delivers against the defined objectives for their area of responsibility, across the UK.
Two key areas for this position is coaching and developing Sales Managers in line the new and existing customer growth targets. Secondly it is essential in this role to be somebody that has had involvement in the creation of sales strategy from the ground up and then implementing this.
Responsibilities: Business Development Director UK
- Meet/Exceed assigned revenue targets
- Team Leadership of Sales Managers
- Assist in developing UK Sales strategies to help accelerate sales growth across
- Work with marketing to ensure alignment and plans in place to support team performance and sales growth
- Provide continuous support, sales coaching and training
- Conduct talent review sessions and drive a productive, year-round performance management culture
- Quickly test new ideas, using our Innovation practices, combining data and insight to learn and innovate rapidly
- Take full accountability for defined targeted customers, using metrics to monitor performance and understand results and drivers of performance, while developing contingency plans to address shortfalls
- Innovate in the business model as appropriate and implement best practices
Skills Required: Business Development Director UK
- Coaching – Ability to form a high performing team. Embrace sales methodology, implement sales approach through coaching.
- Analytical – Identify key gaps using data and metrics and observation across team/individual and business.
- Change Leadership – Lead teams and processes, self-diagnose, and be part of the process.
- Strategic Thinker – Ability to influence larger group/BU. Articulate how you add value to other channels within sales org and cross functionally.
- Executional excellence – Knowing how to manage pipeline, lead volume, work flows, set measures, has a plan B
Qualifications: Business Development Director UK
- 5+ years of Sales Leadership within a technology environment selling complex solutions, SaaS offerings to businesses
- Experience working in highly consultative and strategic sales environments
- Experience of defining and implementing sales strategy from the ground up
- Experience of managing multiple teams at the same time
- Experience with Salesforce as a CRM, forecasting, and pipeline management tool
- Leadership experience, including demonstrated ability to set goals, gain shared vision, negotiate resolutions, meet commitments and garner respect from other team members.
- Proven track record of experience meeting or exceeding quota in a highly consultative sales environment