Application Support Engineer
WHY: Fintech is one of the fastest growing SaaS markets and company has grown through the current economic climate
Package: £20,000 – £30,000 + benefits (25 days holiday, free gym, flexible hours, laptop, Deliveroo Fridays, etc.)
Office: South Manchester
- Do you have 2+ years’ providing support to external clients on Saas Software or Technical Applications?
- Do you want to work within one of the fastest growing industries in the UK?
We are working with a leading North West Fintech Software Vendor that have been growing year on year even through the recent economic challenges. Following a successful 2019/2020 they have moved into our brand new 3,000 sq. ft. offices in South Manchester and plan to grow again this year by over to 25%. Their SaaS platform is used by some of the UK’s best recognised companies and this leading software enables clients to contact their customers in a more proactive and effective manner whilst helping to manage billing, payment, & collection operations.
Due to growth and build out of a new platform, they are looking for an Application Support Engineer. You will be responsible for providing support for custom applications for various high-profile customers. In this role, you will deal with a variety of issues, being the initial point of contact for clients and working towards a full resolution for these issues in a timely fashion. Therefore troubleshooting, analytical skills and excellent customer skills are fundamental. This role requires direct contact with our customers via phone or email communication so you will need to feel comfortable and confident in a customer service role. No two days will be the same and this role will undoubtedly propel your career.
Application Support Engineer – Job Accountabilities
- Monitor the technical support queue, prioritising tickets and being responsible for addressing priority support tasks
- Monitor scheduled tasks and processes, raise tickets for any issues/failures and address errors when applicable
- Provide maintenance and sometimes minor changes for existing systems as necessary
- Carry out any development within a controlled environment to defined secure development standards
- Work with development delivery teams to provide additional resource for development of system enhancements
Application Support Engineer – Experience Needed
- 2+ years of experience working in a customer service role providing technical support to people and applications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Methodical approach to problem investigations
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage priorities and work to deadlines
- Good understanding of developing, managing, and using information systems
- Writing and maintaining basic relational database scripts (i.e. MSSQL, MySQL)
- Powershell or similar scripting experience
Technical Support Engineer / Application Support Engineer / Support Developer / Development Analyst