3rd Line Support Engineer
Growing Multinational Marketing Technology
Fantastic Growth & Career Development
Salary up to £33,000 + benefits
We are working with a growing multinational marketing technology firm made up of over 900 thinkers, creators, and technologists across offices in Manchester, London, Eindhoven, Paris, & Boston. From producing creative solutions to managing marketing technology – their customers come to them for their expertise. Their mission is to make anything possible by combining their production heritage with creative technology.
Through innovation, this business has aligned business initiatives with technology to create leading marketing operations software which guides clients in developing, creating, producing, and delivering marketing assets to the right channels. This technology allows clients to save time, collaborate, perfect a brand, and be more efficient. A new opportunity has arisen for a 3rd Line Support Engineer to join a forward thinking and collaborative Technical Support team.
The 3rd Line Support Engineer t is responsible for all technical and administration aspects of the group’s IT in partnership with a managed service provider. Along with providing technical support, you will provide technical management for projects as well as BAU escalation for issues that the service desk has been unable to resolve. You will be able to work with the latest technology including: Office365 and Windows 10 roll outs, Active Directory projects, Linux, and AWS. As a growing multinational company, this is a fantastic chance for you to propel your career!
Responsibilities – 3rd Line Support Engineer
- Design and deliver the maintenance of infrastructure strategy and model to improve systems availability, performance, incident frequency and reduce cost
- Maintain high availability of services through pro-active support
- Provide comprehensive and highly technical consulting to the business
- Provide and maintain an up-to-date inventory and configuration for all operational infrastructures, hardware, software, and software licenses including warranty information
- Take ownership and responsibly for the security of the organisations systems and for systems estate in conjunction with group compliance
Essential Qualifications – 3rd Line Support Engineer
- Strong understanding in data centre technologies including SAN, VMware virtualisation, servers, private and public cloud and networks
- Excellent working knowledge and experience of systems technologies and platforms currently deployed including: Wintel, VMware, (Cisco) network, storage (NAS / SAN), backups (Veeam), PowerShell, IIS, Exchange, Windows 2016/2012/2008, RedHat and Ubuntu Linux
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong sense of ownership, accountability and self-management
- Ability to prioritise and manage workload successfully under pressure including end-to-end project management
- Good knowledge of industry best practices, methodologies, techniques, tools and resources
3rd Line Support / Linux / Technical Support Engineer / IT Support /